Audition Clinics for the 2018 Season hAVE ENDED.
How to Audition for Equinox:
- Pay your audition fee. Auditions cost $50 EACH weekend if paid online BEFORE the audition date, $55 at the door (cash or card only). If you attend more than one camp, your additional camp fees will be applied to your member tuition. Click here to pay your audition fee.
- Download your audition packet. Packets are FREE to download and can be found by clicking here
- Fill out the audition form, by clicking here
- Plan to attend all four camps*, if possible. The more you attend, the better your chances of making the group. If you have a conflict, contact us.
*2018-2019 DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Prospective members should report to the band room (around to the right side of the school from the main entrance). Plan to arrive by 8:45am to check in and find your audition location.
Lunch (not provided, please plan to bring money for lunch or a packed lunch)
Show and tell (Parents & friends are welcome to attend!)
Wrap up/Pack & Load
What should I bring?
- Comfortable/athletic clothes/shoes you can move in (Batterie AND front members will have a visual component to the audition)
- The $55 audition fee if not paid in advance
- Marching cymbals, snares, quads, stands, carries (if possible) if you plan on auditioning for those sections. If you do not have access to a drum, cymbals, etc., we will provide them, but the more people who bring their own gear, the easier it will be for everyone
- Sticks & a pad if auditioning for a batterie instrument, front ensemble mallets for your solo audition if you need them
- Food for lunch or money to buy lunch
What to Expect:
Even if you do not plan on marching with Equinox, you are welcome to come out and learn from our world class staff! All four camps will be clinic-style and are great for ANY ability level. The majority of the audition will be run like a large group rehearsal, but there will be a solo audition for each member for some quality individual feedback.
We know auditions can be stressful, so relax, come prepared with your packet memorized, and be ready to learn!
If your parents are picking you up and want to watch the end of camp, we will be holding a "Show and Tell" at 5:15pm, which is open for anyone to come watch for free.